Hello, I am Miss Martin-Mills and I am the Year 1 teacher at Shobnall Primary School. I love teaching in Year 1 and cannot wait for another fun filled year of exciting learning opportunities and supporting our children in acquiring new skills. Our curriculum in Year 1 is engaging, interactive and most importantly, fun! Outside of school I love playing hockey, learning new songs on the piano and reading a good book!
Mrs Barrow, Mr Attwood, Miss Walton, Mrs Traczyk and Mr Rowley will also be working with us this year!
If you would like to find out a bit more about me, have a look at the poster below…
- Children enter school via the ramp door.
- Children are encouraged to come into school independently.
- Morning messages can be passed on via an adult who supervises the door.
- The sale of snacks has had to be suspended, to all pupils, due to current COVID-19 arrangements. We will re-instate once safe to do so.
Weekly children will receive;
- Either a piece of Maths or English homework
- Spellings – 5 words a week that are tested on a Friday
- Reading – children are required to read at least three times a week
- 5 minutes on NumBots a day
- Children will have P.E. on Tuesdays
- All kit must be labelled
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions, P.E will be taught outside as much as is possible in smaller groups. Children will need to come to school in their kit on their allocated day. An outdoor kit should consist of jogging bottoms, a sweatshirt and trainers. For health and safety, children who wear earrings should have these removed on P.E. days.
- This year your child will have Forest School in the first half of the Spring Term.
Phonics Screening Check
In Year 1, children are tested on their phonics. This year the test will be week commencing Monday 7 June 2021.
Please click on the link below to view our weekly timetable. Please note that this may be subject to change.
Please click on the link below to view an overview of our curriculum. More information can be found on the curriculum pages.
Homework is set on a Friday and must be handed in by a Wednesday. Work will be uploaded here on a weekly basis for Year 1.
Click on the links below to access some of the resources that will help with your learning in Year 1…