Welcome from Miss Barker!
Hello and welcome to the Year 1 Class Page!
I am Miss Barker and I am the Year 1 teacher at Shobnall Primary & Nursery School. I am passionate about teaching and learning and I enjoy teaching the curriculum in a creative and engaging way. I aim to create a positive learning environment where children feel inspired and in love with their learning.
Mrs Jamil, Mrs Shannon, Mrs Traczyk and Mr Attwood will also be working with us this year!
For further information about our expectations in Year 1, please click on the link below.
- Children enter school via the ramp door from 8.45am.
- The school day starts at 8.55am and finishes at 3.30pm. The total time this amounts to in a typical week is 32.5 hours.
- Children are encouraged to come into school independently.
- Morning messages can be passed on via an adult who supervises the gate.
Weekly children will receive;
- Either a piece of Maths or English homework
- Spellings – 5 words a week that are tested on a Friday
- Reading – children are required to read at least three times a week
- 5 minutes on NumBots a day
- Children will have PE on Tuesdays.
- Children will need to come to school in their kit on their allocated day. An outdoor kit should consist of plain black or navy jogging bottoms, a plain black or navy sweatshirt and trainers. For health and safety, children who wear earrings should have these removed on PE days.
- This year your child will have Forest School in the first half of the Spring Term.
Phonics Screening Check
In Year 1, children are tested on their phonics. This year the test will be week commencing Monday 10 June 2024.
Our weekly timetable for 2023-2024 is available to view via the link below. Please note that this may be subject to change.
Please click on the link below to view an overview of our curriculum. More information can be found on the curriculum pages.
Homework is set on a Friday and must be handed in by a Wednesday. Work will be uploaded here on a weekly basis for Year 1.
6 October 2023
Click on the links below to access some of the resources that will help with your learning in Year 1…