Welcome from Mrs Knight!
Hello, I am Mrs Knight and I am the Year 5 teacher. I adore being a teacher and cannot wait for another fun-filled year with Year 5! I am thoroughly enthusiastic and motivated in creating a learning environment, which is built on trust, independence, respect, a love of learning and most importantly a lot of fun!
Mr Rowley and Mr Stevens will be working with us this year!
Weekly children will receive;
- Either a piece of maths or English homework.
- Reading – children are required to read at least three times a week and bring their reading diary to school every day to be signed.
- Spellings – 10 words a week that are tested on a Friday. These should be practised on Spelling Shed every evening for at least 10 minutes.
- Times Table Rockstars should also be used daily to help your children maintain their times table knowledge for at least 10 minutes.
- P.E will be on Tuesdays.
- Children will need to come to school in their kit on their allocated day.
- An outdoor kit should consist of jogging bottoms, a sweatshirt and trainers.
- For health and safety, children who wear earrings should have these removed on P.E. days.
Please click on the link below to view our weekly timetable. Please note that this is subject to change.
Please click on the link below to view an overview of our curriculum. More information can be found on the curriculum pages.
Homework is set on a Friday and must be handed in by a Wednesday. Work will be uploaded here on a weekly basis for Year 5.
Click on the links below to access some of the resources that will help with your learning in Year 5.