Welcome from Miss Martin-Mills!
Hello, I am Miss Martin-Mills and I am the Year 5 teacher. I adore being a teacher and cannot wait for a fun-filled year with Year 5!
I am thoroughly enthusiastic and motivated in creating a learning environment, which is built on trust, independence, respect, a love of learning and most importantly a lot of fun!
Mrs Johnston, Mrs Leedham and Ms Stanesby will also be working with us this year!
For further information about our expectations in Year 5, please click on the link below.
If you were unable to attend the recent meeting for parents about the forthcoming Year 5 residential trip to Whitemoor Lakes, please click on the links below for further information.
The School Day
The school day starts at 8.55am and finishes at 3.30pm. The total time this amounts to in a typical week is 32.5 hours.
Weekly children will receive;
- Either a piece of maths or English homework.
- Reading – children are required to read at least three times a week and bring their reading diary to school every day to be signed.
- Spellings – 10 words a week that are tested on a Friday. These should be practised on Spelling Shed every evening for at least 10 minutes.
- Times Table Rockstars should also be used daily to help your children maintain their times table knowledge for at least 10 minutes.
- PE will be on Tuesdays.
- Children will need to come to school in their kit on their allocated day.
- An outdoor kit should consist of plain black or navy jogging bottoms, a plain black or navy sweatshirt and trainers. For health and safety, children who wear earrings should have these removed on PE days.
- For health and safety, children who wear earrings should have these removed on PE days.
- Children will also be swimming this year – further details to follow.
Our weekly timetable for 2023-2024 is available to view via the link below. Please note that this may be subject to change.
Please click on the link below to view an overview of our curriculum. More information can be found on the curriculum pages.
Homework is set on a Friday and must be handed in by a Wednesday. Work will be uploaded here on a weekly basis for Year 5.
24 November 2023
27 October 2023
Click on the links below to access some of the resources that will help with your learning in Year 5.